On Your Feet CanadaThe Get Canada Standing campaign is partnering with the a major health charity to run a new event called On Your Feet Canada taking place in April 2017.
Take part in the first-ever national day when workers across Canada take on the challenge to sit less and move more whilst having a bit of fun and raising vital funds for charity.
"Get up offa that thing"The On Your Feet Canada” Challenge dares you to take James Brown at his word and convert 'sitting time' to 'standing time'. Follow some simple changes - it’s easier than you think:
- Stand during phone calls
- Stand and take a break from your computer every 30 minutes
- Use the stairs rather than the elevator
- Have standing or walking meetings
- Eat your lunch away from your desk
- Walk to your colleague's desk instead of phoning or emailing them
- Stand at the back of the room during presentations
Company Workplace CoordinatorsWorkplace Champions are required to communicate and administer the event throughout your organization.
Why not advertise your event by setting up an On Your Feet Canada page on your company website to get the whole office involved.
What can I do now?
Social mediaFollow us on Twitter at @getCDAstanding.