On Your Feet Britain
Take part in On Your Feet Britain day – the national activity awareness day when 2 MILLION desk-based workers across Britain participate in a variety of fun and simple activities to #SitLess and #MoveMore at work.
Taking place this year on Thursday 29 April 2021, with a NEW LOOK and revamped materials, plus a day of exciting active events to get us all moving.
On Your Feet Britain day is a FREE and FUN way to reboot and energize your workplace habits. This year we’re looking forward to seeing how every worker gets active for the #BigWiggle – wherever your desk may be.
It’s FREE to sign up, simply register here
Research shows that regular movement throughout the day leads to
- Better health
- Increased motivation
- Improved concentration
- And many, many more wellbeing and performance benefits
"Get up offa that thing"
The On Your Feet Britain challenge encourages you to take James Brown at his word and convert 'sitting time' to 'standing time'. Make some simple changes - it’s easier than you think:
- Stand during phone calls
- Stand and take a break from your computer every 30 minutes
- Use the stairs more
- Arrange standing or walking meetings
- Eat your lunch away from your desk
- Walk to a colleague's desk instead of phoning or emailing them
- Stand at the back of the room during presentations
Check out our challenge page for fun and easy ideas for On Your Feet day activities. Why not organise or take part in a team challenge? Join up with colleagues to compete for activity levels against other teams within your organisation [More info].
Company Workplace Coordinators
Workplace Champions can help communicate and organise On Your Feet day events throughout your organisation.
[Register now] and enter your details to access materials.
Why not spread the word about your activity plans by setting up an On Your Feet Britain page on your company website to get the whole office involved? Doing things together makes them more fun – #MoveMore #SitLess is the perfect team-building activity.
What can I do now?
- [Register now] and enter your details
- You will receive a PASSCODE to download our refreshed, new look information and resources including: posters, guidelines – available from March 2021.
- Spread the word among colleagues and in your organisation
- Save the date! Thursday 29 April, 2021
- If you have any other questions or ideas about getting involved in On Your Feet Britain day, please get in touch: @
- Like us:Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @getGBstanding.
- Post photos to Instagram using hashtags: #OnYourFeetBritain #OYF2021