The ChallengeOn Your Feet Britain - Thursday 28 April 2022 – is the day when Get Britain Standing, in association with Active Working CIC, asks the nation to unite against prolonged workplace sitting. Your challenge is to #Move More and #SitLess - anyway you can.
Reducing sedentary behaviour is a way that all workplaces and individuals can take action to improve health, wellbeing and performance.
"Get up offa that thing" - ideas to get you moving
- Run a lunchtime fitness session for the office.
- Sound an alert at random times in your department / work hub, which is a signal for everyone to stand up and sit down. Impose a fine or forfeit for anyone caught napping.
- Take regular breaks from your computer, stand up, stretch and walk around your office or workplace.
- Make – and take - phone calls standing up.
- Use the stairs more.
- Hold standing or walking meetings.
- Agree that any speaker must stand during meetings.
- Do simple stretches led by the speaker, every time you move to a new agenda item during a meeting.
- Organise a lunchtime walk. Walk to work, walk before work, or get off public transport a few stops earlier and walk the rest of the way. Park your car further away so you are forced to walk the final stretch.
- Join live activities during On Your Feet Britain day: keep an eye on our e-shots and social media feeds for information.
If you have any questions, or suggestions, please email: @.
Why not appoint – or volunteer to be - a Workplace Champion (aka ‘Chief Wiggle Officer’) to lead or coordinate your company or team’s efforts? Remember to spread the word about your activity plans by setting up an On Your Feet Britain page on your company website or intranet to get the whole office involved.
Register now and we’ll give you access to our exciting new-look materials to help you inspire and involve your team. Doing things together makes them more fun – #MoveMore #SitLess is the perfect team-building activity.
#SitLess #MoveMore #OYF2022